Are you a charity operating within the Cayman Islands? If so, would you like to be considered for a donation?
Any members may nominate an eligible local charity. But the best way to get the word out about your organization is to interact with us on Facebook.
We are committed to raising awareness of all our local charities, regardless if it's selected to present, or whether it is the quarterly recipient.
In order to be considered to present at a meeting the charity must be:
- Based in Cayman Islands.
- A Registered Charitable Organization.
- Established for Minimum 1 Year.
- No international charities, programs or organizations will be considered at this time as the focus is on contributing to our local community. Organizations with an international link may be nominated, however, provided the request is for a project to be delivered in Cayman Islands. The funds must stay local.
- Programs within a large organization (e.g., a specific department or program within a hospital), will be considered if there is proof that this program is not funded by the organization or its foundation.
- Members of 100 Men Who Give A Damn! - Cayman may nominate a charitable organization for consideration upon joining/renewing.
- Three (3) charities, previously verified as eligible by the core team, will be selected by blind draw one month prior to an event.
- Once notified of their selection, nominated charities are required to keep their participation strictly confidential prior to the meeting.
- Representatives of the selected charities will make a 5-minute presentation at the meeting (without aid of props, slides or PowerPoint etc.) and then leave the room.
- Members of 100 Men Who Give A Damn! - Cayman will vote by secret ballot to select one of the three presenting charities to receive all the donations that evening.
- There is no proxy voting.
- The organization with the greatest number of votes will be the recipient of the total funds donated and will be ineligible to receive funds from 100 Men Who Give A Damn! - Cayman for two (2) years.
- The two charities not selected may be nominated again in one (1) year’s time.
- All three selected charities will be allowed to bring brochures, which may be left at the back of the room after their presentations.
- A request will be made of the recipient charity to present an update on their use of the donation at one of the next 2 meetings of 100 Men Who Give A Damn! - Cayman.
- 100 Men Who Give a Damn! - Cayman reserves the right to amend these eligibility criteria when appropriate, without consultation with the nominated charities.
Charities that meet the eligibility criteria and wish to be considered for nomination should contact us.